So I was on the internet surfing around about Langford, and to my surprise we are actually on Wikipedia.
This was a shock. It said the city was only incorporated in 1992. Here are some other interesting facts.
1. It was home to Captain Edward Langford, established by Hudsons Bay and settled around 1851.
2. It was once a booming settelment for the short lived gold rush in the 1800's.
3. Hunters would find the lakes and mountains heaven for getting away from the socialized Victoria.
4. It is the fastest growing city on Vancouver Island. And only became a city in 2003. The motto of Langford is Golden In Setting Determined In Spirit.
5. Regarding demographics the community is estimated to be around 34,000 a boom since the 2006 census figures of 22,459. Its growth rate is around 5% per year expecting to double again by 2026. The median income is around $60,199.
For me living in the westshore just made sense. I bought a housein 2014 and it was brand new with double the space and land over living in Victoria. I am super happy with the area i live in right near Thetis Lake. There are so many hiking trails around Westhills that one could hike every day of the week and do something different. Bear Mountain is so gorgeous also. With the spa and golf course, we love just to drive up there and enjoy the scenary of Langford and the 360 degree views of the whole city.
Although its far to the airport and ferry terminal we have the pleasure of being closer to the Malhat and are able to escape the hustle of the city and get out to highlands if we so choose.
Overall I love living in Langford and the Westshore. My business allows me to service my customers faster than my counterparts in Victoria.
If you need your roof cleaned or gutters serviced please give us a call.